Search MusicLessons.com:

Community Public Discussion

topic for discussion

Where can I find custom pickups for my guitars?

Asked 2014-06-13T17:27:09.0Z by JP13,143
  • V.I.P.
  • Teacher

Who makes the best custom pickups? I need a set of custom pickups made for my Strat, but I'm not sure who to go with. Does anyone have any experience buying custom pickups, and if so, what should I be looking for?

Comments:

2 Answers

Date | Votes
Reply — Posted 2014-06-17T19:25:19.0Z
Jack H71

At our Melody Creek Guitar shop in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, we build custom pickups for your Strat. We also build Tele, Jazz Bass, P-Bass as well as others. These days, the Stevie Ray Vaughan Strat set is probably the most popular Strat set that we make with the Texas Specials coming in a close 2nd. Drop us a note at info@melodycreekguitars.com or give us a call Weds. thru Saturday 12 noon to 6pm MST. We have been building custom pickups for 15 years and we'd love to talk with you about the tone that you're looking for! (307)201-1700  Jack & Karen

Comments:

Reply — Posted 2017-09-27T12:35:08.657Z (edited 2017-09-27T12:38:17.937Z)
Megha Y1

The most essential kind of acoustic guitar pickup is the Clasp on pickup. These are otherwise called Sound Opening pickups and are the most fundamental sort. The Clasp On or Sound Gap pickup is a Detached pickup, which means it doesn't accompany a pre-amp nor does it require a battery. This kind of pickup typically cut onto the region around the guitar's sound gap or at the scaffold. These are typically a reasonable pickup. They are additionally a decent decision for an 'easygoing' guitarist who just needs to connect to an intensifier and play, straightforward. It would not be suited for the standard of performer who needs to play gigs at a major capacity or gig.

http://buyacousticguitaronline.com/

Comments:

This is a public discussion forum. Any member can post a reply or a comment.

Discuss Music

Community Public Forum

This public discussion forum is being moderated by MusicLessons.com.

You are not subscribed.

About This Discussion

• 2014-06-13T17:27:09.0Z
  • 2017-09-27T12:53:59.410Z

• Community Public Forum

• Guitar,Custom Pickups

Awesome Videos

Wednesday February 28, 2018

A wonderful Acapella Tribute to Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved

What an amazing to watch, beautiful tribute to Bob! This awesome a capella version of Bob Marley's 'Could You Be Loved' was made by Israeli musicians in honor of what would have been the late Marley's 70th Birthday. - Open Video

Your message was sent!

Your browser (Default Browser 0.0) is out of date

Because MusicLessons.com uses current browser technology to run this site, you may encounter some problems. We suggest you update your browser.

Ignore This Message | About My Browser | Help Me Update

The tag was not found in our tag library.

Earn 20 points if the tag is accepted into our public tag library for everyone to use. You can start using it now by submitting this form.

Only suggest tags that you think are useful for searching and are relevant to the subject of music.

Important: If your suggestion is considered to be offensive or SPAM, you will lose points and/or be prevented from doing anything on this site.