Search MusicLessons.com:

Community Public Discussion

topic for discussion

Get your own sound.

Posted 2013-05-26T04:35:05.0Z by Dr.WuHoo1,250
  • Early Adopter

It is difficult to find electric guitar set ups that stand out, are unique to you and your sound. Developing "your" sound is paramount for a guitar player in my opinion. However when faced with the same gear options as everyone else, creating a sonic divide between you and the other dude is nearly impossible. The search can lead to endless purchasing of toys in attempts to find some combination of pedals and knobs that creates some sonic that is uniquely you. Not likely to happen.

I found that tearing down my gear and rebuilding it in unorthodox ways can sometimes create sounds that are cool but not familiar to the listener, memorable.

Here is a great vid/articlel about tweakin' the tele in one of my favorite guitar emagazines.  

http://www.stewmac.com/tsarchive/ts0191.html

Comments:

• Nice video... Love to see those old boys talk about their scene!JP 2013-05-27T16:43:32.0Z
  • I love Bill Kirchen... Just discovered him about a year ago. it's cool to hear the car horn sounds on this video that he does in his Hot Rod Lincoln.Jeff E 2013-05-27T17:48:32.0Z

1 Reply

Date | Votes
Reply — Posted 2013-05-30T00:58:12.0Z
Jeff E13,506
  • V.I.P.
  • Teacher

Some people are driven to find a unique sound through gear. Although I love different guitars and pedals and amps, I'm not really concerned with sounding different. I just want to sound like me for the most part.

When I speak I have a voice that's more or less unique, and I suppose I have a regional accent and dialect, and I have verbal habits or tics that would allow me friends to identify my speech even if my voice was altered. When I'm talking I don't spend alot of time thinking about that stuff, I think about the things I want to say... 

The analogy isn't perfect, but I tend to think along these lines I guess..

Comments:

This is a public discussion forum. Any member can post a reply or a comment.

Discuss Music

Community Public Forum

This public discussion forum is being moderated by MusicLessons.com.

You are not subscribed.

About This Discussion

• 2013-05-26T04:35:05.0Z
  • 2013-05-30T00:58:12.0Z

• Community Public Forum

• Guitar

Awesome Videos

Wednesday February 28, 2018

A wonderful Acapella Tribute to Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved

What an amazing to watch, beautiful tribute to Bob! This awesome a capella version of Bob Marley's 'Could You Be Loved' was made by Israeli musicians in honor of what would have been the late Marley's 70th Birthday. - Open Video

Your message was sent!

Your browser (Default Browser 0.0) is out of date

Because MusicLessons.com uses current browser technology to run this site, you may encounter some problems. We suggest you update your browser.

Ignore This Message | About My Browser | Help Me Update

The tag was not found in our tag library.

Earn 20 points if the tag is accepted into our public tag library for everyone to use. You can start using it now by submitting this form.

Only suggest tags that you think are useful for searching and are relevant to the subject of music.

Important: If your suggestion is considered to be offensive or SPAM, you will lose points and/or be prevented from doing anything on this site.